Light for our Grief: An Advent Study and Worship Series
Wednesday, Dec 01, 15, and 22 (7 – 8:15 pm)
Note: Wednesday, Dec 08 – Come cook a meal for Bread of Life (6 to 8 pm) @ Hillside (Kids welcome)!
12/01 – The Pandemic and our Grief – Virtual Only Here (zoom access)
- In the 2021 Stephen Daldry raw, intimate and heart wrenching film, “Together” — a husband and wife are forced to re-evaluate themselves and their relationship through the reality of the COVID-19 lockdown. One critic writes of the film: “Love and Loathing in London – it is hard to watch with its unflinching bickering and accusations, yet it is poignant in it’s recollection of the uncertainty, fear, and grief we have all had through the pandemic.”
- Please watch the film Together (2021) at home on hulu, prime, or apple tv (before Wed, Dec 01); using our Faith and Film discussion we will consider our own experience of grief during the pandemic through the lens of this film.
- Additional Resources for Reading
12/15 – The Process of Grief – Virtual Only Here (zoom access)
- with guest, Rev. Sarah Hathaway, Spiritual & Bereavement Care Coordinator at Pioneer Valley Hospice and Palliative Care
12/22 – The Longest Night/Blue Christmas Service – In-Person at Hillside (144 North Street, Medford) and on Zoom Here
- A Service of Solace for our Mourning and Light for our Souls